Post by Alie
B.A.P’s new single “FEEL SO GOOD” will be released on 7/13! As the Japanese version of the their song released in February, this title track is a refreshing and funky upbeat tune. The single also includes 2 original Japanese compositions, and is a work which is overflowing with B.A.P’s new charm.
As the next single after the release of your first Japanese album “Best. Absolute. Perfect” in March, please first tell us what you feel about this single.
YJ: When it was decided that we’ll be releasing it, of course, there were the thoughts to produce good music and deliver a great work, but there was also the thought that by releasing an even better song, we’ll have the chance to meet the fans who we weren’t able to see till now.
DH: I think it’ll be great if we could show off our bright and fun side through this single. It’ll make me happy if people think “B.A.P have this side to them” and “they have this sort of image too” after hearing the song.
HC: I think it’ll be good if we can continue to show the many various colours that we B.A.P have through this work.
The title track “FEEL SO GOOD” is the Japanese version of the song of the same name you released in Korea right? It’s an upbeat tune that leaves you lighthearted and differs from the feel of your previous songs. Could you please tell us your thoughts when you first heard “FEEL SO GOOD”?
DH: I thought it was a very good song when I first listened to the demo. And also that it’ll be pretty difficult. And in reality when we were recording, there were difficult parts. There was the fact that it was a type of song that we hadn’t done before vocally, and dancing whilst singing is actually really taxing. Jongup and Zelo came up with the choreography for us, but without any consideration for the vocals…… (laughs) I’m just joking but the dance alone was difficult. And so, coordinating the moves with the singing was hard too.
ZL: When I created the choreography, whilst the song and melody was different from what we’ve shown till now, I had the intent to retain B.A.P’s essence. Each of the moves were wide-reaching and included in the choreography, so the hyungs in charge of vocals probably had a tough time……
YJ: I first accepted that idea that it’ll be difficult, but as we promoted, our singing improved and we were able to sing smoothly so that the recording for the Japanese version finished quickly too.
Just like the title “FEEL SO GOOD”, is there any thing, person or place that cheers you up?
DH: Place-wise, it’d be the dorm. Being together with the members who I don’t need to be reserved with is always fun, so if you say a place that cheers me up, it’ll be the dorm.
HC: For me *points to JU*, as long as I have this person…… (laughs)
JU: Music normally will cheer me up.
So not Himchan? (laughs)
JU: *Nods silently*
ZL: I’ll choose what to wear before I go out, and whenever I coordinate my clothes well and think “I look cute today! I look good today!”, it makes me very happy since I love fashion.
YJ: When I go eat delicious food.
YG: I’m happy as long as I’m with the members.
Other than “FEEL SO GOOD”, there’re also the Japanese compositions “FREAKY SOUND” and “Good Time” included in this single. Out of these 3 tracks, please choose 1 that you like. Firstly the people who like “FEEL SO GOOD”!
YG & ZL & YJ: Me!!
DH: I like “FREAKY SOUND”. It felt fresh.
HC: “Good Time” for me.
JU: Hmmm. “FEEL SO GOOD” is great without a doubt, but “Good Time” is nice too. This is difficult. “FEEL SO GOOD”…… But then…… “Good Time” is great toooo (laughs).
JU: *Nods silently*
ZL: I’ll choose what to wear before I go out, and whenever I coordinate my clothes well and think “I look cute today! I look good today!”, it makes me very happy since I love fashion.
YJ: When I go eat delicious food.
YG: I’m happy as long as I’m with the members.
Other than “FEEL SO GOOD”, there’re also the Japanese compositions “FREAKY SOUND” and “Good Time” included in this single. Out of these 3 tracks, please choose 1 that you like. Firstly the people who like “FEEL SO GOOD”!
YG & ZL & YJ: Me!!
DH: I like “FREAKY SOUND”. It felt fresh.
HC: “Good Time” for me.
JU: Hmmm. “FEEL SO GOOD” is great without a doubt, but “Good Time” is nice too. This is difficult. “FEEL SO GOOD”…… But then…… “Good Time” is great toooo (laughs).
©Tower Records | Translation: cassie_babyz
