Post by Ninea
On this day, we interviewed them before they appeared as guests for the first episode of our new show “Kstyle LIVE” on LINE LIVE. We asked them about their thoughts on “FEEL SO GOOD” and as well as live performances.
Different from the “attacking” image that you have for previous songs, “FEEL SO GOOD” has a pop-sounding taste to it. Please tell us honestly how it was like to actually sing it.
YJ: When we stand on stage with this song, we get really happy too. I think it’s a song where the bright energy comes out naturally from within us.
JU: Since it’s a bit different to the styles that we’ve previously shown, I was careful about the change in image we had. As Youngjae hyung said, since the song has a good beat to it, we can perform it with a happy heart. It’s a favourite of mine.
I heard that Yongguk participated in the lyrics, composition and production of “FEEL SO GOOD”.
YG: We asked a Japanese staff member to write the Japanese lyrics, but when I read them afterwards, I thought they lyrics were very charming. I created this song with the idea “to challenge something that we’ve never sang before” in mind. And the result is a song that displays that we too can have various colours.
Well then, please tell us your favourite phrase from the Japanese lyrics of “FEEL SO GOOD”.
YJ: “ As long as you’re here, see, I’ll be in a dream”. I think the words are very beautiful!
YG: “FEEL SO GOOD!” It’s good enough of a phrase to become the title.
JU: “Nearly out of reach”. Whilst singing, I really feel the “nearly-ness”. I think it’s a word that really conveys one’s nervousness.
HC: I think “I want to touch your deepest areas” has various meaningful interpretations.
You chose a very mature phrase didn’t you.
HC: *Laughs shyly*
DH: For me, I like “I’m sure I can smile more tomorrow than today” from the coupling song “GOOD TIME”. It means exactly as it says, but I chose it as my favourite since it’s my part.
ZL: I too, from “GOOD TIME”, like “I want to believe it’s destiny”. I like the word “destiny”. Since I like reading poetry, I think it’s a very poetic and beautiful phrase.
“FEEL SO GOOD” was your comeback song in Korea, but it seems like you filmed an MV for the Japanese version too. Were there any memorable episodes?
ZL: I too, from “GOOD TIME”, like “I want to believe it’s destiny”. I like the word “destiny”. Since I like reading poetry, I think it’s a very poetic and beautiful phrase.
“FEEL SO GOOD” was your comeback song in Korea, but it seems like you filmed an MV for the Japanese version too. Were there any memorable episodes?
ZL: There’s a scene where we’re going in and out of these colourful doors, but Daehyun’s foot got stuck when he was getting out of the door and almost caused the set to collapse, on the verge of causing a big incident.
DH: And even so, no one helped me and just watched on (laughs).
HC: Well I thought that overcoming difficulties like that will allow you to become a wonderful singer (with a serious face).
DH: Is that so?
HC: I didn’t help you because I was wishing for you to be able to overcome it. But it’s good that you were able to (laughs).
DH: What’s that supposed to mean, I don’t really get it (laughs).
JU: I had a scene where I play tennis, and it was my first experience with the sport.
You looked very talented at it, did you practise a lot?
JU: No, I did image training whilst watching anime (laughs).
ALL: Prince of Tennis(laughs)!
DH: It’s a wonderful anime!
YJ: A legendary tennis player comes out in it.
ZL: All of us love it.
It doesn’t look like it was only accomplished with image training (laughs). I can tell that all the members love anime. Now as per the title, what did you “FEEL SO GOOD” about lately?
YJ: We’ll be moving dorms in the near future!
Is it going to be a bigger place than now?
YJ: Ah, um, it’s not going to change much (laughs). But a move really brings a change of mood. That’s why I “FEEL SO GOOD”.
ZL: On my off days, meeting with my parents and beloved dog makes me happy.
HC: In my case, it’ll be like a premonition… Since we’ll be having sushi for breakfast tomorrow, I’m sure to “FEEL SO GOOD” in the near future (laughs).
DH: I like LINE’s characters and we have those character dolls at the dorm too. So coming to Japan and to LINE, I “FEEL SO GOOD”!
ZL: I received Daehyun’s Brown neck pillow. When I gave that to my dog, he loves it even now after he’s grown bigger. It’s /that/ popular.
DH: Did I, give that to you?
ZL: It was in the company car so I thought it was Daehyun’s. And then I took it (laughs).
JU: I love the LINE characters too, so coming here makes me “FEEL SO GOOD”. I’m happy to come with Daehyun hyung who loves LINE characters.
YG: We’re in the middle of our world tour right now, and being able to go around to various countries makes me “FEEL SO GOOD”.
You’ll be guesting on our first episode of “Kstyle LIVE” through LINE LIVE today. It’ll be a live broadcast after this, but could you please tell us your thoughts on this commemorable performance and what you plan to show the audience?
HC: The feeling of “first” for everything feels great!
DH: Out of all the idol groups, I’m thankful that you invited us to be the very first. I want to show a great performance no matter how slight.
ZL: Since I’m good at dancing, I want to show a good dance if the audience wishes for it.
HC: The fans will send us messages in real time right? If they send us requests, then we’ll show them whatever genre of dance they want!
DH: If they want, then we’ll even show Jongup’s abs too (laughs).
JU: I think Daehyun hyung will sing Enka music for us too (laughs).
DH: (immediately; in Japanese) No!
YJ: LINE is popular amongst Koreans, but I heard that it’s even more popular with Japanese people. Performing in a show like this alone is an honour. Our song will definitely match the show, so I have confidence that we’ll fire things up.
Now finally, when do you want people to listen to “FEEL SO GOOD”?
YG: When you’re going on a drive or on holidays, when you’re down, when you feel like going on a date; I recommend it for any time when you want to cheer yourself up. Please listen to it!
Thank you very much! I’m looking forward to the live stream after this!
DH: Well then, let’s eat dinner before the show (laughs)!
©Kstyle |Translation: cassie_babyz